(1) The provisions of this section shall apply to determine the place of supply of goods other than supply of goods imported into, or exported from India. (2) Where the supply involves movement of goods, whether by the supplier or the recipient or by any other person, the place of supply of goods shall be the location of the goods at the time at which the movement of goods terminates for delivery to the recipient.
(3) Where the goods are delivered by the supplier to a recipient or any other person, on the direction of a third person, whether acting as an agent or otherwise, before or during movement of goods, either by way of transfer of documents of title to the goods or otherwise, it shall be deemed that the said third person has received the goods and the place of supply of such goods shall be the principal place of business of such person.
(4) Where the supply does not involve movement of goods, whether by the supplier or the recipient, the place of supply shall be the location of such goods at the time of the delivery to the recipient.
(5) Where the goods are assembled or installed at site, the place of supply shall be the place of such installation or assembly.
(6) Where the goods are supplied on board a conveyance, such as a vessel, an aircraft, a train or a motor vehicle, the place of supply shall be the location at which such goods are taken on board.
(7) Where the place of supply of goods cannot be determined in terms of subsection (2), (3), (4), (5) or (6), the same shall be determined in a manner prescribed by the Central Government on the recommendation of the Council.