71. Income from transfer of capital assets of UTI [Section 10(33)]
Any income arising from the transfer of a capital asset, being a unit of the Unit Scheme, 1964 referred to in Schedule I to the Unit Trust of India (Transfer of Undertaking and Repeal) Act, 2002 and where the transfer of such asset takes place on or after the 1St day of April, 2002 shall be fully exempted.
72. Income by way of dividend from Indian company [Section 10(34)]
Any income by way of dividends referred to in Section 115-0.
73. Exemption of income to a shareholder on buyback of shares of unlisted company [Section 10 (34A) [w.e.f. A.Y. 2014-15]
Any income arising to an assessee being a shareholder, on account of buyback of shares, (not being listed on a recognised stock exchange) by the company as referred to in section 1 15QA shall be exempt.
74. Income from units of UTI and other mutual funds [Section 10(35)]
Any income by way of:
income received in respect of the units of a Mutual Fund specified under clause (23D); or
income received in respect of the units from the Administrator of the specified undertaking; or
income received in respect of units from the specified company;
shall be fully exempted in the hands of the recepient of such income.
This clause shall not apply to any income arising from transfer of units of the Administrator of the specified undertaking or of the specified company or of a mutual fund, as the case may be.
75. Exemption of income from securitisation trust [Section 1 0(35A)] [w;e.f A.Y. 2014-15]
Any income received by any person being an investor of the Securitisation Trust from such a trust, by way of distributed income referred to in section 11 5TA shall be exempt.
76. Income from sale of shares in certain cases [Section 10(36)]
Any income arising from the transfer of a long-term capital asset, being an eligible equity share.. in a company purchased on or after the 1st day of March, 2003 and before the 1st day of March 2004 and held for a period of twelve months or more.
For the purposes of this clause, “eligible equity shares” means :
- any equity share in a company being a constituent of BSE-500 Index of the Stock Exchange. Mumbai as on the 1st of March, 2003 and the transactions of purchase hind sale of such equity share are entered into on a recognised stock exchange in India
(ii) any equity share in a company allotted through a public issue on or after the 1st. day of March, 2003 and listed in a recognised stock exchange in India before the 1st day of March, 2004 and the transaction of sale of such share is entered into on a recognised stock exchange in India.