e-Payment of tax facility is for making tax payment through net banking facility or through internet by using credit/debit cards.
* Assessees required to get their accounts audited u/s 44AB & all co’s are mandatorily required to make e — payment of tax.
Procedure for Paying Tax Online
* Log on www.incometaxindia.govin and click on ‘Pay TAXES ON LINE’ or go to www.tin-nsdl.com and click on the icon e — payment: Pay taxes online.
* A screen displaying names of the banks which have e—payment facility will appear. Click ‘Please Click Here’ at the end of list.
* Select relevant following challan:
* Challan No./ITNS 280 payment of Income tax & Corporation Tax.
* Challan No./ITNS 282 payment of Securities Transaction, Hotel Receipts, Wealth, Expenditure /Other direct taxes.
* Relevant challan will appear on the screen. In case of payment of Tax by co.’s click code (0020) and in case of non- corporate assesses click code (0021). Enter the following data:
(2) Name & address of the Tax Payer with PIN code.
(3) Assessment Year.
(4) Type of payment
* Select the bank name from the list.
* Click on ‘PROCEED’ button. A confirmation screen will appear displaying the Contents entered along with the ‘Name’ as appearing in the database of IT Department with respect to the PAN entered.
* Log on to net banking site of the bank with the User ID and Transaction Password provided by the bank. The particulars entered will be again displayed.
* Enter the amount of tax to be paid with exact details of income tax, surcharge, Interest, penalty, education cess etc