5.3. AMOUNT EXPRESSLY DISALLOWED :
The following expenses are not allowed to be deducted form such income :
1. Personal Expenses : Any persona expenses of the assessee is not deductible.
2. Interest : Any Interest chargeable under this Act which is payable outside India on which tax has not been paid or deducted at source.
3. Salary : Any payment chargeable under head “Salaries” and payable outside India not deductible if tax has not been paid or deducted therefrom.
4. Wealth Tax : Any sum paid on account of Wealth tax is not deductible.
- Expenditure in respect of Royalty and Technical Fees received by a foreign company :
- Expenditure in respect of winning from Lotteries etc. : In case an assess has income from lotteries, crossword puzzles, races including horse races, card games and other games of any sort or from gambling or betting of any form or nature whatsoever, such assessee shall not be allowed any deduction in respect of any expenditure or allowance in connection with such incomes.