Tax Benefit Regarding Life Insurance Premium, PPF Contributions, Nscs, Tuition Fees, etc.
[ Deductions Allowed to NRIs in the Computation of Total Income and Tax Payable]
A deduction as per Section 80C from income upto `. 1,50,000 for payments made by an Individual or Hindu Undivided Family in respect of any one or more of the following [without any sub-limit for any Investment] is allowed:
1. Payment for Life Insurance Premium.
2. Payment for Deferred Annuity Plan.
3. Deferred Annuity payable by Government.
4. Contribution to Public Provident Fund. 5. Contribution to Provident Fund set upby Central Government.
6. Contribution to Recognized Provident Fund.
7. Contribution to Recognized Superannuation Fund.
8. Subscription to any security or deposit notified by Government.
9. Subscription to Savings Certificates.
10. Subscription for Unit-Linked Insurance Plan, 1971.
11. Contribution for Unit Linked Insurance Plan of LIC Mutual Fund.
12. Payment for Annuity Plan of LIC or any other insurer.
13. Subscription to units of Notified Mutual Funds.
14. Contribution to Notified Pension Fund of Mutual Fund.
15. Pension fund set up by National Housing Bank.
16. Subscription to Deposit Scheme of Public Sector Company engaged in providing long-term finance for house.
17. Tuition fees of two children in India.
18. Payment of installment for self-financing for a residential property or repayment of loan.
19. Subscription to equity shares or debentures as approved (for infrastructure).
20. Subscription to any units of Mutual Fund as approved by the Central Board of Direct Taxes.
21. Five-year Bank Fixed Deposit with conditions (from A.Y. 2007-08).
22. Notified Rural Bonds issued by NABARD
23. Account under the Senior Citizens Saving Scheme, 2004.
24. Five-year time deposit in Post Office.
Deductions Allowed to NRIs in the Computation of Total Income and Tax Payable
All efforts are made to keep the content of this site correct and up-to-date. But, this site does not make any claim regarding the information provided on its pages as correct and up-to-date. The contents of this site cannot be treated or interpreted as a statement of law. In case, any loss or damage is caused to any person due to his/her treating or interpreting the contents of this site or any part thereof as correct, complete and up-to-date statement of law out of ignorance or otherwise, this site will not be liable in any manner whatsoever for such loss or damage.
The visitors may click here to visit the web site of Income Tax Department for resolving their doubts or for clarifications